You want to sell your Houston house, and you want to get top dollar.
But “What do I need to do to sell my house in Houston“?
Here are some tips on how to get your home ready to sell if you’re looking for top dollar that the market will bear:
*NOTE: These instructions are if you’re looking to get full retail value for your house sale. However, if you don’t want to do the things below… or don’t have the time or money to do the things below… you can still sell your Houston house fast for a fair value in a win-win sale that’ll save you time and expense.
1) Clean, clean and clean. Have you ever noticed how even an empty house seems to accumulate dust and grime over time? It’s true! And if you’re trying to sell that house, it’s important to keep it looking its absolute best. After all, buyers want to see a pristine, move-in ready space. If cleaning isn’t your forte, don’t worry. There are plenty of professional cleaners out there who can help get your vacant house looking immaculate. Trust us, it’s worth the investment to make sure your property stands out to potential buyers.
As the saying goes, you never get a second chance to make a first impression, and this is especially true in the real estate world. So if you’re someone who tends to be a bit of a slob, it may be worth considering finding somewhere else to live while you show your house. This could mean trading homes with a friend for a few weeks, or renting a temporary space elsewhere. By doing so, you’ll ensure that your house is always in top shape and ready to impress potential buyers. Remember, a little effort can go a long way when it comes to making a sale!
Get An Offer Today And Sell In A Matter Of Days...Get a 100% hassle-free, all-cash offer for your home with the click of a button.
2) Cultivate a cohesive, neutral style. Gone are the days when painting a space meant choosing plain and boring off-white colors. Nowadays, we have a rainbow of options to explore. The colors we choose to paint our homes have a significant impact on our perceptions. A dark-colored bedroom painted in a navy blue or deep green shade can transform into a comfortable oasis where sleep comes easy. Meanwhile, soft shades of yellow can brighten up a somber kitchen and make it look more vibrant and cheery. However, It’s important to be mindful of the space and the size of the room when choosing colors. Dark shades can bring the right mood but can make a small room feel smaller. In conclusion, do not be afraid of colors, take the leap and choose the shade that speaks to your soul and adds life to your space.
Spend the money to get high-quality paint and professional help. Subconsciously people will pay more money for a property with just the right colors and very neat lines – it makes the home feel better built, even though it’s just paint.
Optical illusions are real, and psychologists study this stuff. Don’t believe me?
Look it up. And don’t neglect the outside and just do the inside, or anything else that’s unbalanced.
I couldn’t believe how easy it was to engage and have this transaction happen so that it was a “win-win” for every one.
I am a power of attorney for a friend who had a stroke and was in need of selling her home. Being removed from the location of the home, and my friend also living several states away, I stared searching for a way to sell her house remotely. MoveOnHouseBuyers were so very quick to respond, and make an offer. They were so professional, very open and honest about how they worked, and were very respectful of what my friend needed out of the house. I couldn’t believe how easy it was to engage and have this transaction happen so that it was a “win-win” for every one. I would highly recommend this company to anyone needing to sell their home, and want to least painful way to do it. My friend is ever so grateful for this sale. Thank you!!!
3) Fix or replace anything that’s broken. Yeah, it might feel like a waste of money to spend an extra couple hundred bucks on a dishwasher that someone else might just pull out and replace again. But really, quite a few buyers will get a home inspection and use the opportunity to negotiate with you. As the seller, you’ll often end up paying more if you try to hide neglected maintenance from the purchaser – and of course you don’t want to be guilty of fraud.
Make sure you stay in compliance with all the laws.
Selling a property can be a daunting task, especially when you’re unsure about the condition of your home. That’s where a home inspector comes in. Hiring a home inspector to do a thorough check of your property before putting it on the market is a wise investment. Not only will they help identify any potential problems, but they can also give you a list of minor repairs that need to be done. What’s even better is that if you ask in advance, they will often come back and do a re-inspection after the repairs are completed for a small fee. Having an independent report on the condition of the property is attractive to prospective buyers, making them feel more confident in their decision to purchase. So don’t hesitate to spend a little money upfront for a home inspector because it can go a long way in getting your property sold quickly and at top dollar.
We Buy Houses For Cash – Reasons
Life has its challenges for everyone. We buy houses with a fair, all-cash offer to help you better resolve your issues. There are many reasons for you to look for “sell my house fast ”, such as financial crisis, loan payment, health conditions, job relocation, divorce, etc.
In any of these cases, when you need fast cash for your house, no one can give a better offer than Move On House Buyers. We provide you with a genuinely equitable fair, all-cash offer for your house anywhere in Texas. Unlike traditional methods involving bank approval and prolonged waiting for cash, we deliver swift cash within as little as 7 days. Hence, you get immediate cash in situations where you badly need it. Now, you can contact us online and sell your house, bypassing the traditional methods of repeated house showings, real estate commissions, and prolonged closure.
4) Make only necessary improvements. The biggest mistake people make when getting their house ready to sell is over-improving. They often spend too much money on customized frills that can’t be recovered in the sale.
Paint is about the only safe investment – it’s easy to overspend on almost everything else, and it’s easy to get ripped off by unscrupulous contractors.
It’s important to know what improvements will produce a return on investment to avoid wasting money.
5) Get expert opinions. If you’re considering selling your property, it’s important to find a reputable real estate broker to help you with the process. While it may be tempting to try and handle everything on your own, a qualified broker can ensure that you get the best possible price for your property. However, it’s important to be honest with your broker. If you plan to market the property yourself, be upfront about it so you don’t create animosity between you and your broker. Keep in mind that finding a great broker can be difficult, but it’s worth the effort in the end. A top-notch broker can help you navigate the market, negotiate the best deals, and ultimately earn you more money than you could on your own. So, prior to selling your property, make sure to do your research and find a broker you can trust.
6) Have a really great marketing plan. In the business world, choosing the right broker to work with can make all the difference in the success of your endeavors. Great brokers earn their value through hard work and dedication, particularly in spreading out the expenses of advertising campaigns across multiple clients. It’s no secret that starting from scratch in marketing can be both costly and time-consuming, but with the help of a knowledgeable broker, you can save yourself a lot of hassle. For those who are already marketing experts, working with a broker can put you ahead of the competition and help you reach new heights of success. So why wait? Partner up with a great broker and start achieving your business goals today.
If you’re not, spend the time listening to what the best brokers do to sell houses in Houston – just to educate yourself on the options.
7) Get a cash offer. We buy houses all over the Houston area, and we do all the work so you don’t have to deal with any of this stuff.
Don’t Want To Do The Things Above Yourself? But Still Want To Sell Your Houston Texas House Fast?
Selling a house can be a daunting task, especially when you’re aiming to get the most out of it. However, not everyone has the time, resources, or desire to go through the entire process of preparing and selling their home at full retail value to a potential end buyer. It may involve home staging, repairs, various inspections, and many more requirements. But fret not, there are always alternative options for those who don’t want to go through the traditional route. Working with a real estate investor or selling to a cash buyer are just some of the alternatives that can still provide a decent amount of profit without all the hassle. The important thing is to weigh your options and choose the one that works best for you.
Doing the repairs, cleaning the property up, upgrading the property, marketing the property… those all take money and can take lots of time.
If you have the funds to do these things... AND you can wait the 3-9 months it takes to sell houses in this market… then you’ll be better off financially to do those things then list it on the MLS (the main property listing service that real estate agents use).
If you don’t have the funds to do these things... AND can’t wait months to sell your house… then you may be a perfect fit for our local Houston house buying service. You’ll submit basic info about your house over here on our website, we’ll evaluate your house, we’ll make you a fair all-cash offer on your house, and you can decide if it’s a fit for you.
Then we can close FAST (often times within 7 days) if you need us to.
Take a look at what we’ll pay you not to do anything versus the time, expense and hassle involved with doing it on your own.
So if you’re still asking “what do I need to do to sell my house in Houston“… now you have 2 solid options.
- Fix the property up and get it all nice and ready with the steps above to sell it at top dollar
- Let us do all of the work and we’ll make you a cash offer on your house in AS-IS condition. This saves you time, money, and gets the hassle off of your hands.
If you need to sell a property near Houston, we can help you.
We buy properties like yours from people who need to sell fast.